Cutting Edge Capital Cutting Edge Capital collaborates with visionary, courageous changemakers to bring new capital to the new economy.
Cutting Edge Capital collaborates with visionary, courageous changemakers to bring new capital to the new economy. The mainstream models for raising capital leave out vast, untapped numbers of people who want to invest in the businesses and organizations that provide real value in the real world. We are leading a movement that is bringing new capital — by directly engaging more people as investors — to the new economy — an economy that is resilient, just, and sustainable. This movement of “new capitalists” is questioning the old paradigms and bringing new models to the table that expand the capital raising options for social enterprises that are more democratic and values-driven. These models allow all stakeholders to benefit as ventures thrive — not just investors. We don’t believe in a “one size fits all” capital raising solution — instead we bring our experience, legal knowledge, and passion to help our clients determine the best way to achieve their goals. In addition to helping social ventures raise capital, we also work to create and develop the capital markets tools, such as secondary markets, markets for the regulation of resource use, financial markets for investment in local food systems, and tools for aggregating community capital, needed to shape a truly resilient economic ecosystem.
PROGRAM DETAILS AND REQUIREMENTS
Are you an entrepreneur that needs to raise capital, but are worried about:
losing control of your business; spending all your time pitching to investors instead of running your business; and investing a ton of time and energy fundraising, but still not being able to find the capital you need?
Cutting Edge Capital's Direct Public Offering Boot Camp provides you with the tools you need to raise capital from a much larger audience, and do it on your own terms. Once you complete it, you will have the tools in place to conduct a legally compliant offering of an investment opportunity that is open to both wealthy and non-wealthy investors and that you can advertise however you choose.
The Boot Camp is a virtual course. Materials are provided via an online interface so that you can go at your own pace. There are some live Q&A calls, but they are recorded so you can listen to them whenever you want.
The Boot Camp includes the following modules:
1. Getting Ready
- Understand DPO basics
- Prepare to market your offering
- Make sure everything is in order
2. Design Your Offering
- There are so many options – preferred stock, common stock, LLC interests, debt, revenue-based debt
- We demystify your options and help you choose the best option for your current situation and long-term plans.
3. Compliance Strategy
- How do you make sure that the way you do your offering is legal? We explain the options and help you choose your strategy for staying within the legal requirements.
4. Marketing Your DPO
- What does/doesn’t work
- Who can sell the offering?
- What can they say?
- Get ready to hit the ground running with your advertising campaign!
5. The Prospectus
- This document serves many purposes – marketing, warning of risks, disclosure of important facts, and more. We help you create a prospectus that is compelling for potential investors while still meeting legal requirements.
6. Get Ready to Submit for Approval
- Before you can start marketing your DPO, you need approval from the state securities regulators. We take you through the process step by step and manage ongoing communications until your DPO is approved.
- What you need to launch your DPO. Get everything in place to ensure a smooth capital raising process.
For more Information
SUPPORTING VENTURES IN THESE SECTORS
- Arts, Culture, Handicrafts
- Civic Participation
- Clean and Green Technology
- Employment, Livelihood, Income Generation
- Enterprise Development, SME
- Environment, Climate Change
- Fair Trade, Organic Products
- Financial Serv./Inclusion, Microfinance
- Food and Nutrition
- Natural Resources / Conservation
- Women, Girls
supporting ventures in these regions
- US, Canada
TYPES OF COMPANIES ACCEPTED
- For Profit