ImpactLab ImpactLab is a nonprofit education innovation incubator that helps visionary, diverse K-12 educators develop their insights into scalable programs and enterprises.
Accelerator / Incubator
ImpactLab is a nonprofit education innovation incubator that helps visionary, diverse K-12 educators develop their insights into scalable programs and enterprises. We support both educators who want to remain in the classroom and those who want to pursue an idea for a high-impact venture full-time.
We welcome applicants nationwide to our 3-month Enterprise Incubator program and offer our program in a remote delivery model.
ImpactLab focuses on ventures and projects that directly or indirectly address equity in education. To learn more visit us at http://www.impactlab.us
PROGRAM DETAILS AND REQUIREMENTS
• ImpactLab ENTERPRISE Incubator •
Following the mantra, "Think Big, Build Small," Enterprise supports early-stage education entrepreneurs through an individualized three-month program where they are both nurtured and pushed. Enterprise fellows receive extensive coaching and gain access to a network of mentors.
WHAT IS ENTERPRISE?
Enterprise is ImpactLab's three-month incubator program for early-stage ventures working to expand educational opportunity.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN AN ENTERPRISE FELLOW?
• You are passionate about solving the problem your venture is designed to address.
• You know how to get stuff done.
• You've got humility. If you think you have all the answers this isn't the program for you.
• You're all in. This new venture is what you think about when you go to bed and when you wake up. You can't wait to get to work on it.
• You value peers. You want to share, ask, listen, grow, participate and will make time in your schedule for group events.
• You are able to dedicate at least 35 hours per week to the development of your venture.
• Either you or your co-founder is a former K-12 educator.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A VENTURE?
• Be early stage (i.e. not just an idea on a napkin and not 12 offices in eight states and three countries).
• At minimum you have tested your solution with users, have performed customer validation (i.e. established that someone will buy your solution) and have articulated a basic financial model.
• Provides a solution and creates an impact that directly or indirectly expands educational opportunities in the United States.
• Has the potential to scale.
WHAT MAKES ENTERPRISE DIFFERENT?
• Individualization: Our program is highly individualized. Yes, there are plenty of group activities and we'll cover topics relevant to any early-stage venture. But the core of our program is akin to an IEP (Individualized Educational Program) that we co-design with our Fellows. Your path to success will be unique and any support program you choose ought to reflect this.
• You Can Be Anywhere: In addition to serving ventures located here in Austin, we also offer a fully remote participation model. If you live in Alaska, and your venture will provide services in Alaska, why should we require you to come to Austin for three months?
• We've Got a Narrow Focus: ImpactLab supports ventures attacking the problem of inequity in K-12 education.
• Entrepreneur in Charge: Unlike some incubator programs, ImpactLab, and its Enterprise program, is led by an experienced education entrepreneur.
WHAT DO ENTERPRISE FELLOWS RECEIVE?
• Individualized venture development support by an ImpactLab coach.
• Mentor support by professionals expert in various areas of venture development.
• Connections to our network (strategic contacts, investors, local educators, program evaluators) as needed.
• A shared growth experience within a cohort of peers.
• Membership in a small, but growing alumni group of highly effective social entrepreneurs doing amazing work across the US.
• Are there any fees?
• Does ImpactLab take an equity stake in participating ventures?
• Does my venture receive any funds as part of its participation in Enterprise?
• Do I need to reside in or travel to Austin in order to participate in Enterprise?
Nope. If we select your venture you may participate in person (i.e. here in Austin) or remotely.
• What topics might we cover in Enterprise Expert Sessions?
Some examples: Digital Media Strategy, Pitching, Raising Funds, Marketing & Selling in K-12, Measuring Impact, SaaS Solutions for Startups.
APPLY: ImpactLab current runs two cohorts of Enterprise per year, Check the website for application details:
For more Information
SUPPORTING VENTURES IN THESE SECTORS
supporting ventures in these regions
- US, Canada
TYPES OF COMPANIES ACCEPTED
- For Profit