MIT D-Lab Scale-Ups Assisting social entrepreneurs, NGOs and corporations, from MIT and abroad, to bring poverty alleviating technologies to market at scale.
Conference / Event
Scale-Ups supports growth of hardware-based start-ups, technology transfer to SMEs, and commercialization through multinational corporations, NGOs and larger social enterprises.
The MIT D-Lab Scale-Ups Fellowship program offers one year of support to social entrepreneurs bringing tech-based, poverty alleviating products and services to market at scale. Alumni of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and the International Development Design Summit (IDDS) are eligible to apply.
D-Lab Scale-Ups is made possible by a generous gift from Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives (ALJCI). ALJCI is the community Services arm of the ALJ Group, which is a Toyota automobiles distributor in 13 different countries.
PROGRAM DETAILS AND REQUIREMENTS
The D-Lab Scale-Ups Fellowship program is often a launching pad to the likes of Echoing Green, investment, and becoming cash-flow positive.
For more Information
SUPPORTING VENTURES IN THESE SECTORS
- Arts, Culture, Handicrafts
- Civic Participation
- Clean and Green Technology
- Communications / Media / ICT
- Disaster Recovery
- Distribution / Supply Chain
- Employment, Livelihood, Income Generation
- Enterprise Development, SME
- Environment, Climate Change
- Fair Trade, Organic Products
- Financial Serv./Inclusion, Microfinance
- Food and Nutrition
- Housing, Shelter, Homelessness
- Natural Resources / Conservation
- Peace and Security
- Sanitation, Waste Management
- Training, Technical Assistance Services
- Web, SaaS, Online Tech
- Women, Girls
supporting ventures in these regions
- Central Asia
- Latin America
- Middle East / North Africa
- Southeast Asia
- Subsaharan Africa
- US, Canada
TYPES OF COMPANIES ACCEPTED
- For Profit