Oksigen Lab Oksigen Lab offers coaching to Social Entrepreneurs, performs international research on Social Entrepreneurship and offers a wide range of services to support organizations in strenghtening their societal impact.
Accelerator / Incubator
OKSIGEN Lab for Social Entreprenurship is a spin off from i-propeller, a Brussels based consultancy company in shared value.
Located in the centre of Brussels (Belgium), the OksigenLab hosts research and social business innovation projects. Additionally the Lab is an incubator for social entrepreneurs with access to contact details of over 2000 Social entrepreneurs.
Oksigen Lab enhances strong cross-fertilisation between social entrepreneurs, international academia and businesses.
Oksigen Lab acts as a unique centre of excellence on social business innovation and a trusted environment for open innovation.
We are involved in the following research areas:
- Brokerage actions between academia, business, and other players
- Impact measurement: weak spot of many social enterprises
- Ecosystem and its drivers:
- Action-oriented research : We also feel a strong need for more rigorous experimentation for example, on how SEs can have the largest impact through links with the mainstream companies. OKSIGEN has developed strong links with the social entrepreneurs world-wide.
Oksigen Lab has a database of over 2000 Social entrepreneurs world-wide. Through the developed coaching methodology social entrepreneurs get support with the establishment of their business as well as with development of the
best strategy to make it grow.
Oksigen Lab is actively involved in two EU funded programs on social innovation and social entrepreneurship :
- BENISI - www.benisi.eu
BENISI stands for ‘Building a European Network of Incubators for Social Innovation’. The BENISI partners seek to build a Europe-wide network of networks of incubators for social innovation. This network will proactively identify at least 300 social innovations that are identified with high potential for scaling successfully, and ensure the delivery of necessary support services to those social innovations.
- SEFORIS - www.seforis.eu
SEFORÏS, standing for Social Entrepreneurship as a Force for more Inclusive and Innovative Societies, is a multi-disciplinary research programme on social entrepreneurship and innovation, funded by the European Commission and run by a consortium of academic and non-academic institutions, including Oksigen Lab and i-propeller.
PROGRAM DETAILS AND REQUIREMENTS
SUPPORTING VENTURES IN THESE SECTORS
- Arts, Culture, Handicrafts
- Civic Participation
- Clean and Green Technology
- Communications / Media / ICT
- Disaster Recovery
- Distribution / Supply Chain
- Employment, Livelihood, Income Generation
- Enterprise Development, SME
- Environment, Climate Change
- Fair Trade, Organic Products
- Financial Serv./Inclusion, Microfinance
- Food and Nutrition
- Housing, Shelter, Homelessness
- Natural Resources / Conservation
- Peace and Security
- Sanitation, Waste Management
- Training, Technical Assistance Services
- Web, SaaS, Online Tech
- Women, Girls
supporting ventures in these regions
TYPES OF COMPANIES ACCEPTED
- For Profit